A centerpiece of Greater New England’s success in syndication is our thrice-yearly Syndication Summits. The events attract angels from most of the groups in the region and have a simple structure:
- Kickoff speaker (20 min)
- Presentations (1o min each, with 1 min intros by sponsoring angel group) from 2-3 deals sponsored by at least one angel group and that ideally have negotiated term sheets in place.
- Breakout sessions (45 min ) – Each presenter gets a room. Angels pick a room and Q&A with the company and its sponsoring angel group(s).
- Lunch, w/ speaker (30 minutes)
- Presentations from 2-3 more deals (10 & 1 per deal)
- Breakout sessions (45 minutes)
- Adjourn main meeting
- Angel group leaders meet in person to do a quick postmortem, set priorities for next summit, and discuss matters of regional importance.
The presenters must go through a selection process similar what we all do within our groups. Angel groups nominate deals for the summit. A volunteer screening committee evaluates the nominees and selects the best to present. We use AngelSoft to standardize the process.
Anyone interested in logistical specifics, let me know.